We’ve all been in that situation where we want to do something with our bedroom, but it’s either difficult to figure out what you can do or too pricey.
Continue reading if you’re seeking for ways to update your bedroom on a budget.
I’ll go through 20 ideas for updating your bedroom on a budget in this article.
Low Budget Bedroom Makeover Ideas
– This one is simple. This one is, in fact, completely free! You can easily update your room by putting the same furniture in a different place! Simply flip your bed 180 degrees to face the opposite direction if you usually keep it in the center of the room. Put it in the corner of the room or against a side wall if you really want to switch things up. When your furniture is moved to a new place, it will give your room a new look!
– If you’re bored with your room but your furniture is in the right location, repainting is a quick way to transform it from dull to updated and modern. This is a simple one, but it’s one that many people overlook.
– If your bedroom looks too simple, and you don’t like to paint or do something too permanent to it, a gallery wall is an amazing way of updating it! These are fantastic since they can be added to your room even if you are renting because you don’t have to drill holes in the walls. You can find cheap frames at charity stores, online, or even at the dollar shop, print out images you like or photos you’ve taken yourself, and then simply hang the frames in the proper layout all over your bedroom wall.
– In recent years, plants have become the new pets. People have been buying plants and putting them in their rooms! Consider hanging one of your plants with a macrame plant hanger if you’re a plant person, whether you have one or multiple. You can easily get one on Etsy or Amazon for a very cheap price, but if you really want to save money, you can even construct one yourself!
– If you want to update the look of your room in a discreet way, replacing your dresser knobs is one of the best things you can do! It’s cheap and simple enough to do yourself, yet although being a minor alteration, it makes a significant difference in the room’s overall appearance!
– Getting new lighting is one of the finest ways to rapidly update a bedroom, and getting wall sconces is one of the best ways to use lighting to shake things up! These are fantastic since you can not only switch out your bedside lamps, but you can also make your room appear larger by having more space on the side tables!
– Everything in your room will appear cool toned if you utilize ordinary daylight lights that emit a cool light. Switch them with warmer lights to make things seem completely different without having to move anything on the floor! It’ll completely transform the aesthetic of your room and make things feel a lot cozier! Also, if you want to switch the room look more aesthetically pleasant, replace all of your bulbs with Edison bulbs!
– Most people place their television on a console because it appears that it needs to “sit” on something. Taking the TV off the console and placing it on the wall is a terrific way to update the design. Because it’ll be floating on the wall, it won’t appear to be taking up any physical space. You can easily change the design on the console below it to create a completely new portion of the room without changing much!
– When it comes to simple, practical methods to update a bedroom, this is a classic. Mirrors are a terrific addition to any room since they make it appear larger while still being functional. Simply acquire a few of mirrors and hang them in different places or on top of each other, as desired, to add a touch of interest to the room. The end result will be a fresh-looking room with plenty of spots to snap those outfit-of-the-day shots!
– Baskets are an excellent addition to any bedroom that needs to be spruced up. A charming wicker basket is not only utilitarian in that it provides for convenient storage of laundry or other items that clutter your room, but it also looks great! Choose these over random storage boxes to have your things organized while also keeping your room looking nice!
– In my opinion, there is no such thing as too many pillows and cushions! It’s a rather boring way to live in a standard bed with two pillows. Playing about with the layout might give the room a completely distinct aesthetic. Get three, four, or even five new pillows and cushions and arrange them differently to update up your room without breaking the bank!
– Lighting can instantly transform a room. Even better, by putting motion sensor lights, you may give the room a futuristic touch. This manner, they’ll be ignited every time you go by, giving the room a completely new look and feel!
– Regardless of whether your room has tiles, wood flooring, or carpet, there’s always one thing that can completely transform the space: a beautiful rug. Sure, these can be expensive, but if you choose a smaller rug, you can save money! Simply place it next to the bed, and your room will be updated in no time!
– This may appear to be a little “young,” but bear with me. Twinkle lights have the power to create a warm atmosphere in any room. Adding a string of twinkle lights, or even a full curtain of them, will instantly update the feel of your room and make it feel warm and inviting on a budget!
– Do you look at your phone to see what time it is all the time, or do you look at that one old analog clock you’ve had for years and maintain because “it gets the job done”? Now is the time to make a change. A good digital clock may add a touch of the sleek and modern to your room. It also allows you to keep track of the time without having to pick up your phone, which is ideal if you’re trying to limit your screen time!
– Your vanity certainly looked beautiful and clean when you originally set up your room, but once it starts to fill up, it may become a cause of major aesthetic clutter! Rather than having everything strewn around the vanity, consider a lazy Susan! This will neatly store all of your things without taking up a lot of room. It will not only update the room’s appearance, but it will also improve its functionality!
– Even if you think you’ll never be able to maintain a plant alive, hear me out. You are not required to do so. You can still obtain the illusion of a pop of greenery in your room by purchasing fake plants! Not only are these far less expensive than genuine plants, but they’re also a lot easier to keep alive!
– Throw blankets, as Pinteresty as they sound, are a terrific complement to any bedroom! They’re fantastic for making a room feel warm and inviting, they’re cheap, and most importantly, they’re comfortable! Throw blankets can instantly transform the look of a room, and they’re easy to store when you’re not using them.
– When updating a room on your own, you may find that you don’t have a lot of floor area to deal with, as well as a lot of vacant wall space. Installing many floating shelves can easily solve both of these issues at the same time! You can use these for storage or decoration; it all depends on how you want them to appear!
– This may appear to be costly, but it is not! Upcycling the headboard can completely transform your bed! This may be as simple as repainting or reupholstering the headboard, or you could go all out and purchase an old repurposed door or window and use it as a headboard! The options are unlimited, and each one will transform your room into something completely new!
This list was created with the intention of providing budget-friendly bedroom renovation ideas that you can perform on your own without needing to hire someone. This way, you’re only spending money on supplies and may limit your expenses to a bare minimum while also having a brand-new bedroom by the conclusion of the project!
Alex P. Davis has a BA in Interior Design from The New York School of Interior Design and 10 years of experience expertly designing sophisticated interiors.